In Wyoming, Minnesota, Amanda Anderson dresses up broccoli with this savory, ranch-flavored cheese sauce.
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the broccoli and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, milk and ranch dressing mix.
- Drain broccoli; return to dish. Top with cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Cover and microwave at 50% power for 2-3 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cheddar Broccoli in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p53
Reviews for Creamy Cheddar Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 25, 2012
"My household doesn't care for veggies very much, but everyone really liked this recipe! It was super easy, fast, and delicious!"