Creamy Center Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for cupcakes, using paper-lined muffin cups. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in marshmallow creme and vanilla.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a very small tip. Fill with cream filling. Push the tip through the bottom of paper liner to fill each cupcake. Frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Center Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Takes a few to figure out how much to put in the center. I had left over filling. Everyone loved them of course. Easier to do with proper pastry bag as I kept poking holes in a plastic one with finger nails. (Could be just me though!)"
"I have a from scratch recipe I've made for years. It has more of a chocolate ganache for the 'frosting' (makes a flat, thick layer like on the real things). I fill the cupcakes by inserting the tip in the TOP. Squeeze until you see the cupcake start to expand. Withdraw the tip and smooth the filling level with the cupcake surface if needed. Spread your frosting or ganache on top and you won't see where you inserted the filling. I used a white icing to make the 'squiggle' on the top then."
"Have made this recipe before...on occasion I got creative and pureed my homemade raspberry or strawberry jam...added 8 oz. cream cheese...1/2 cup powdered sugar...1 cup whipped cream...blended all together and piped it into the cupcakes ...chocolate frosting on top...everybody loved them."
"oh so sweet. love it!"
"Yummy but a lot of work. I was hesitant about the marshmallow in the frosting but it is actually really good. Tastes just like the store-bought filled cupcakes. The problem is that it is hard to tell if you've filled the cupcakes, so some had more filling than others and then the frosting would leak out of the bottom. Messy! But very very yummy."