Creamy Center Cupcakes Recipe
"This recipe came from my mother, who made the cake from scratch when I was growing up," writes Caroline Anderson of Waupaca, Wisconsin. "Sometimes she'd replace the smooth filling with homemade whipped cream, which was readily available on the farm."
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chocolate frosting
- 1. Prepare and bake cake according to package directions for cupcakes, using paper-lined muffin cups. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. Meanwhile in a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in marshmallow creme and vanilla.
- 3. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a very small tip. Fill with cream filling. Push the tip through the bottom of paper liner to fill each cupcake. Frost with chocolate frosting. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC