Creamy Celery Seed Dressing
This recipe originated with my Aunt Mazie, a wonderful cook from West Virginia. I like this dressing because of its versatility. It's wonderful with potatoes, macaroni, hot or cold sliced meat or vegetables. I've shared it with many friends and have had it published in several fund-raising cookbooks.
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Meanwhile, combine vinegar, eggs, celery
- seed, salt and pepper. Gradually add to butter, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until slightly
- thickened and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Mix in mayonnaise, Italian
- dressing and sugar. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve over
- coleslaw, vegetables or pasta. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.