- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Meanwhile, combine vinegar, eggs, celery seed, salt and pepper. Gradually add to butter, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Mix in mayonnaise, Italian dressing and sugar. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve over coleslaw, vegetables or pasta. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Creamy Celery Seed Dressing
"Nice, tangy dressing. However, the recipe makes enough to serve the US Army, so I cut in 1/3 - since it's hard to divide 3 eggs into 4ths - and it still made enough for more than one meal. I don't know how long or whether it keeps well in the fridge. I have some leftover cabbage, so I'm looking forward to using this dressing in a coleslaw."