Cream of celery soup adds rich flavor to this family-favorite stroganoff. Besides its delicious taste, I love the ease I have preparing this recipe. Just put the ingredients in the crockpot and I love about this dish is its ease...put it in the crockpot, and forget it! —Field Editor Kim Wallace Dover, Ohio
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Celery Beef Stroganoff in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p11
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Celery Beef Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review