Creamy Celery Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Celery Beef Stroganoff(12)
Sort By :
Also, this needs only 4-5 hours in my newer slower cooker. If cooked longer, I could understand the salty taste others have written about.
I too make this about once a month. Delicious! However, I double the meat, but keep the rest of the ingredients as listed. Big hit with the guys in our family. :)
The 8 Hr cook time is way off. I have a newer slow cooker and have found it to be right on when it comes to cook time. I came home with 2 hrs to go and found it had cooked way down. It was also very salty which over powered the awesome flavor it could have had However, it was still good. I am just i had a couple of Oreos & milk after and still can't get the salt taste out of my mouth. I agree with the previous poster, i believe the onion soup mix packet is why it became so full of salt. If i made this again i would reduce the amount of the onion soup mix and cook for around 4-5 hrs. I personally like my meat to go for 7-8 hrs so i am not sure i would make this again. Honestly i have had better slow cooker Stroganoff.
Love how easy this is! And it's quite tasty.
I used 2 cans of cream of mushroom instead of the cream of celery. I used fresh sliced mushrooms and it tasted great! I think next time I may experiment & put some fresh celery in it just for a little more flavor. It cooked much faster than the recipe said- probably in about 4 hours.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Beef Stroganoff >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >