- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Celery Beef Stroganoff
Sort By :
"I think this would have been better without the French Onion Soup Mix. It made it a little salty and overpowering in onion flavor as there was already onion in it. Will have to make some adjustments next time."
"Really good, simmered on the stove for an hour worked for me. I'll change the soup to low sodium next time. Very good"
"Also, this needs only 4-5 hours in my newer slower cooker. If cooked longer, I could understand the salty taste others have written about."
"I too make this about once a month. Delicious! However, I double the meat, but keep the rest of the ingredients as listed. Big hit with the guys in our family. :)"
"The 8 Hr cook time is way off. I have a newer slow cooker and have found it to be right on when it comes to cook time. I came home with 2 hrs to go and found it had cooked way down. It was also very salty which over powered the awesome flavor it could have had However, it was still good. I am just i had a couple of Oreos & milk after and still can't get the salt taste out of my mouth. I agree with the previous poster, i believe the onion soup mix packet is why it became so full of salt. If i made this again i would reduce the amount of the onion soup mix and cook for around 4-5 hrs. I personally like my meat to go for 7-8 hrs so i am not sure i would make this again. Honestly i have had better slow cooker Stroganoff."