- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Celery Beef Stroganoff
"Delicious, we loved it."
"I think this would have been better without the French Onion Soup Mix. It made it a little salty and overpowering in onion flavor as there was already onion in it. Will have to make some adjustments next time."
"Really good, simmered on the stove for an hour worked for me. I'll change the soup to low sodium next time. Very good"
"Also, this needs only 4-5 hours in my newer slower cooker. If cooked longer, I could understand the salty taste others have written about."
"I too make this about once a month. Delicious! However, I double the meat, but keep the rest of the ingredients as listed. Big hit with the guys in our family. :)"