Creamy Celery Beef Stroganoff
Cream of celery soup adds rich flavor to this family-favorite stroganoff. Besides its delicious taste, I love the ease I have preparing this recipe. Just put the ingredients in the crockpot and I love about this dish is its ease...put it in the crockpot, and forget it!
—Field Editor Kim Wallace
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover
- and cook on low for 8 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in sour
- cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 405 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 1,340 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.