Creamy Celery and Peas
Garden-variety peas really shine in this simple side dish shared by Evelyn Kennell of Roanoke, Illinois. Dressed up with sauteed celery and a creamy white sauce, the peas are a perfect way to round out a meaty main course.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 celery rib with leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Dash white pepper
- In a nonstick skillet, saute celery in butter for 6-8 minutes or
- until tender. Stir in peas; cook 3 minutes longer, stirring often.
- Add the sour cream, milk, parsley and pepper; reduce heat. Cook and
- stir until heated through and blended. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 127 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.