Creamy Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the cauliflower, celery, cheese and bacon. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over cauliflower mixture and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise and reduced-fat cheese) equals 173 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 862 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.