Here's an elegant choice for a first cuorse or even a meatless dinner. Goat cheese adds an extra-special touch. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 log (4 ounces) fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- Minced chives and lemon peel strips, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Stir in cauliflower and potato; cook and stir 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, mustard and white pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat; stir in cream and cheese. Cool slightly.
- Process soup in batches in a blender until smooth. Return all to pan. Stir in dill; heat through. If desired, top with chives and lemon peel. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Cauliflower & Goat Cheese Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p40
Reviews for Creamy Cauliflower & Goat Cheese Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review