Creamy Cashew Brownies
My sister-in-law dubbed me the "dessert queen" because of treats like this that I take to our family get-togethers. The brownies have a fudge-like texture and a rich cream cheese topping. Cashews and a hot fudge swirl make these pretty bars special.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and egg. Stir in
- chips. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners'
- sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with
- cashews; drizzle with hot fudge topping. Refrigerate before cutting.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.