Creamy Cashew Brownies Recipe
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup salted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, water, oil and egg. Stir in chips. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with cashews; drizzle with hot fudge topping. Refrigerate before cutting. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Cashew Brownies(2)
Sort By :
These are really good but very, very rich.
You can't go wrong with brownies topped with cream cheese frosting! My only disappointment in these is that if you didn't know the nuts were cashews, you wouldn't have been able to guess it...and I even stirred 1 c. cashews into the batter as well as sprinkling them on top. May just used walnuts next time and save the more expensive cashews for something where their flavor shines through more.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Brownies >
- Brownie Mix Recipes >
- Brownie Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Brownie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >