Creamy Carrot Soup Recipe
When I serve this creamy soup, people are amazed by the bright carrot color and are hooked by the deliciously different flavor. A hint of rosemary adds a nice spark to a slightly sweet soup. -Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + cooling Cook: 40 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the carrots, potato, broth and ginger. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 2. In a blender, cover and puree in batches. Return all to the pan; stir in the cream, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
1 cup equals 267 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC