When I serve this creamy soup, people are amazed by the bright carrot color and are hooked by the deliciously different flavor. A hint of rosemary adds a nice spark to a slightly sweet soup. -Grace Yaskovic, Branchville, New Jersey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the carrots, potato, broth and ginger. Cover and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool for 15 minutes.
- In a blender, cover and puree in batches. Return all to the pan; stir in the cream, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Carrot Soup in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p33
Reviews for Creamy Carrot Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review