Creamy Carrot Casserole Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, sliced or 1 package (20 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttered bread crumbs
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Transfer carrots to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, horseradish and reserved cooking liquid; spread evenly over carrots. Sprinkle with cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Carrot Casserole
Sort By :
I have been making this for many years. Everyone loves it. It is "go to" recipe for carrots!
made this recipe, adding zucchini, for a potluck and sure enough it was a hit! Also, as topping used tater tots and cheese. On other casseroles I may uses leftover potato or corn chips from the bottom of the bags. (hate to throw anything away) Really like the simple sauce. Plan to make this recipe for an upcoming party.
SAVING recipe. We're not horseradish fans, so will put **thinking cap** in place to find substitute for it. Thank you for sharing recipe.
My neighbors grew a bunch of carrots, and gave us more then we an handle. I found this recipe and it provided a great use of them, thanks!
Made this for a large family gathering on the weekend, and it was a hit! Wonderful way to use carrots.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >