- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, sliced or 1 package (20 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttered bread crumbs
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Transfer carrots to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, horseradish and reserved cooking liquid; spread evenly over carrots. Sprinkle with cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Carrot Casserole
"I really enjoyed this! My husband thought it was just so-so, but whatever, this is my TOH account!!! I used olive oil mayo and that worked fine. I had leftover baby carrots and found this recipe. I cut it in half and that works fine. I didn't grate the onion, just chopped finely. To get buttered bread crumbs, I simply added some melted butter to dry bread crumbs. I'll be making this again for sure."
"Absolutely good! This is a keeper."
"I have been making this for 30 years and it is delicious. I do not add the cheddar and it is a fantastic dish. It's always a family favorite."
"I had some baby carrots that had to get used up and wanted something different. This recipe fit the bill and I will make this again. I like the zing of the horseradish."
"Totally awesome, Have made this a couple times and never come home with much left. Bummer. Great way to use the carrots from my garden."