Creamy Carrot Casserole Recipe
My mom and I developed this recipe to see if there was a carrot dish that even people who don't care for carrots would enjoy. So far, I haven't met anyone who hasn't liked our casserole—especially when the carrots are freshly dug from the garden! —Laurie Heward, Fillmore, Utah
- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, sliced or 1 package (20 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttered bread crumbs
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Transfer carrots to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, horseradish and reserved cooking liquid; spread evenly over carrots. Sprinkle with cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Carrot Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC