- 1-1/2 pounds carrots, sliced or 1 package (20 ounces) frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttered bread crumbs
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Transfer carrots to a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, horseradish and reserved cooking liquid; spread evenly over carrots. Sprinkle with cheese; top with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Carrot Casserole
"Absolutely good! This is a keeper."
"I have been making this for 30 years and it is delicious. I do not add the cheddar and it is a fantastic dish. It's always a family favorite."
"I had some baby carrots that had to get used up and wanted something different. This recipe fit the bill and I will make this again. I like the zing of the horseradish."
"Totally awesome, Have made this a couple times and never come home with much left. Bummer. Great way to use the carrots from my garden."
"I have been making this for many years. Everyone loves it. It is "go to" recipe for carrots!"