- 2 pounds fresh carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add carrots; cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside.
- In same pan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in flour and mustard until blended; gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheeses, horseradish and seasonings; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in carrots.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until heated through and bread crumbs are lightly browned. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Carrot Bake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Creamy Carrot Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review