Creamy Caramel Frosting
I love this creamy caramel frosting, which is an ideal compliment for spice cupcakes. The recipe originated with my grandmother.—Virginia Breitmeyer, Greensboro Bend, Vermont
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk; bring
- to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from
- the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool to lukewarm. Gradually beat in
- confectioners' sugar until frosting achieves spreading consistency.
- Yield: about 2-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 tablespoon) equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.