- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir sugar over medium-low heat until melted and golden, about 15 minutes. Quickly pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking or souffle dish, tilting to coat the bottom; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the dish in a larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove dish from a larger pan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife around edges and invert onto a large rimmed serving platter. Cut into wedges or spoon onto dessert plates; spoon sauce over each serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Caramel Flan
Sort By :
"Creamy,firm and soooo delicious, I added extra condensed milk to make it sweeter."
"This flan melts in your mouth...as a Pastry Chef...I could not fine my recipe so I found this one....hands down.....the best...better than the one I've been using."
"I actually have a question. I plan on making this for a function I'm holding and I see that this recipe yields 8 to 10 servings. If I'm making it for approximately 30 people am I able to make a triple batch all at once or will I have to do 3 separate batches for consistency and to allow it to set properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance."
"Delicious! We loved the creaminess, and my husband liked that the cream cheese cut the egg flavor. Very good."
"Did not like the recipe because the taste of cream cheese! I love cream cheese but not in this recipe."