Creamy Caramel Flan Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir sugar over medium-low heat until melted and golden, about 15 minutes. Quickly pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking or souffle dish, tilting to coat the bottom; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the dish in a larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove dish from a larger pan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife around edges and invert onto a large rimmed serving platter. Cut into wedges or spoon onto dessert plates; spoon sauce over each serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Caramel Flan(22)
Sort By :
Instead of melted sugar, I use Leche Quemada (Cajeta). And instead of 5 eggs I use only 4. I also put all ingredients in blender...way easier!
Spoon WHAT sauce over each serving? Will there be enough caramelized sugar to do this with?
Two thumbs up!! Me and my friends loves it soo much when I tried this recipe..for sure I'll make this again and again. Thanks for sharing :)
Fantastic! Best flan recipe ever.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Custard >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Desserts >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Creme Caramel >
- Custard Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Flan >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >