- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir sugar over medium-low heat until melted and golden, about 15 minutes. Quickly pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking or souffle dish, tilting to coat the bottom; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the dish in a larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove dish from a larger pan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife around edges and invert onto a large rimmed serving platter. Cut into wedges or spoon onto dessert plates; spoon sauce over each serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Caramel Flan
"Great desert. Easy as hell and been told "Best I Ever Had" and I agree. Today making it again from memory."
"My caramelized sugar also turned to glass, what went wrong? Other then that it was perfect."
"This was my very first time making flan and it turned out perfect I was so happy with the recipe thank you so much....and.... That was my first time ever melting sugar and it came out perfect"
"This is the best thing I have ever eaten hands down. It is creamy and decadent."
"@1914skin Nothing is wrong with your hardend caramelized sugar. Pour the mixture and follow the direction above. When it is chilled after one day, you will see the sauce. This recipe is delicious, creamy and firm."