Creamy Caramel Flan Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir sugar over medium-low heat until melted and golden, about 15 minutes. Quickly pour into an ungreased 2-qt. round baking or souffle dish, tilting to coat the bottom; let stand for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly combined. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over caramelized sugar.
- Place the dish in a larger baking pan. Pour boiling water into larger pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is just set (mixture will jiggle).
- Remove dish from a larger pan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight.
- To unmold, run a knife around edges and invert onto a large rimmed serving platter. Cut into wedges or spoon onto dessert plates; spoon sauce over each serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Caramel Flan(18)
Sort By :
Fantastic! Best flan recipe ever.
My son begged me to make this Flan (we use another recipe). My son loves Flan and gave it thumbs down. It tasted eggy.
My son hates flan, but loves cheesecake. This recipe is a hybrid between flan and cheesecake - leaning more towards cheesecake filling so he loves this. This is very easy to make, but it is very rich so a small serving should suffice.
I have been making this exact recipe for at least 20 years and is truly a winner , for variations you can change the vanilla for for almond ,rum,or orange extract ,,sometimes I add instant coffe and kahlua , you can also splinkle on top chopped wallnuts ,almonds,or make a design with a paper dolly and powdered sugar . This is the basic recipe but you can personalize it many ways.Enjoy!
very smooth and creamy. I truly enjoyed the flavor and texture.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Custard >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Desserts >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Creme Caramel >
- Custard Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >
- Egg Recipes >
- Flan >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >