Creamy Caramel Custard Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Brown sugar
- 1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, bring cream almost to a simmer. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a bowl, beat egg yolks, vanilla, sugar and salt until thick and lemon-colored, about 3 minutes. Gradually beat in cream. Pour into an ungreased 1-qt. baking dish. Place baking dish into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Pour hot water into baking pan to a depth of 1 in.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with enough brown sugar to cover the top.
- 4. Broil 6-in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until sugar is melted. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 347 calories, 33 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 250 mg cholesterol, 84 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Caramel Custard
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.