This easy homemade caramel was really a happy little discovery. The thin glaze is perfect for dipping. — Shannon Roum, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 cup Kraft caramel bits
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Sliced apples and doughnut holes or vanilla ice cream
- Optional toppings: chopped salted nuts, jimmies or miniature chocolate chips
- Place apple juice and cinnamon stick in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 10 minutes. Discard cinnamon stick.
- Reduce heat to medium; add caramel bits, half at a time, whisking after each addition until caramels are melted. Stir in cream; keep warm until ready to serve.
- Transfer to a serving dish; serve warm with apples and doughnut holes for dipping. Glaze can also be spooned over ice cream. If desired, sprinkle with toppings. (Warm glaze in microwave if mixture becomes too thick.) Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as Creamy Caramel-Apple Glaze in Taste of Home October/November 2012, p12
Reviews for Creamy Caramel-Apple Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2012
"Easy to make, but a little too tangy for my taste. Probably won't make this one again."
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2012
"This is the Halloween recipe for all our lifes"