Here's a very rich and creamy pie that tastes terrific. A small sliver is all most folks can handle.
- 5 Snickers candy bars (2.07 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Place candy bar pieces in the pastry shell; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, sour cream and peanut butter; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Pour into pastry shell. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Cut with a warm knife. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Candy Bar Pie in Country Extra September 2000, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Candy Bar Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review