Creamy Candy Bar Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 quarts half-and-half cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), chopped
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan, heat the cream and milk to 175°; stir in sugar and salt until dissolved. Whisk a small amount of hot mixture into eggs.
- 2. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 4. Stir in candy bars. Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or firm up in the refrigerator freezer for 2-4 hours before serving. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 203 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Candy Bar Ice Cream
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.