Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add remaining oil to the drippings; saute the mushrooms, onions, green pepper and garlic until crisp-tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add salt if desired and pepper. Return chicken to the pan. Drain fettuccine and add to pan; toss gently. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cups: 492 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
"LovedDelicious! My family Lived It. easy To Make."
"This was pretty good. I used 1/2 red pepper instead of mushrooms and rotini pasta instead of linguine. It was nice and creamy, maybe will add more cajun seasoning next time."