Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add remaining oil to the drippings; saute the mushrooms, onions, green pepper and garlic until crisp-tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add salt if desired and pepper. Return chicken to the pan. Drain fettuccine and add to pan; toss gently. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
1-3/4 cup: 492 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 45g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
"LovedDelicious! My family Lived It. Easy To Make."
"This was pretty good. I used 1/2 red pepper instead of mushrooms and rotini pasta instead of linguine. It was nice and creamy, maybe will add more cajun seasoning next time."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.