A rich, creamy sauce tops this satisfying chicken and pasta dish. "You can adjust the 'heat' level by increasing or decreasing the amount of Cajun spice you use," advises LaDonna Reed of Ponca City, Oklahoma.
- 2 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add remaining oil to the drippings; saute the mushrooms, onions, green pepper and garlic until crisp-tender.
- Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth; stir into vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add salt if desired and pepper. Return chicken to the pan. Drain fettuccine and add to pan; toss gently. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cajun Chicken Pasta in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p44
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review