- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and egg yolks; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour into four individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Butterscotch Pudding
Sort By :
"This recipe is disgusting. I decided to make it one evening for me and my wife to try for dessert and we both didn't like it. Tasted like thickened milk with brown sugar. I don't think we will be making this one again."
"Yuck! I love homemade puddings...rice pudding, chocolate pudding, bread pudding, vanilla pudding, etc. This was just a glop of sugared milk. It had the consistency of pudding, but after about 2 or 3 bites it didn't taste like butterscotch, only like brown sugar. I'm not sure why it has received rave reviews. It was a flop, in my opinion."
"I make this recipe all the time. I never buy boxed pudding anymore instant or cooked due to this recipe. I use this recipe to make the butterscotch snack cake. To help speed things along I use the microwave oven to cook the pudding. Also you can decrease the sugar content by using splenda brown sugar. thanks for a great recipe."
"I did not have milk on hand so i used fat free 1/2 &1/2. Also, had about 1/4cup butterscotch chips that i added at the end. Absolutely decadent! Super easy to make and ohhhh soooo gooooood! Will never make boxed again."
"This was very tasty! I used light brown sugar in place of the dark. Will definitely make this again."