Creamy Butterscotch Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and egg yolks; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour into four individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Butterscotch Pudding(25)
Sort By :
This was very tasty! I used light brown sugar in place of the dark. Will definitely make this again.
Creamy, simple and delicious. Pulled the box of pudding out of my cabinet and it had 15 ingredients, part of which include yellow colors 5 and 6. Think I will stick with this one from now on. Didn't even wait till it was cold until I had my first serving!
Can I make this with almond milk instead of fat-free?
I loved this recipe. It is really hard to find a good butterscotch pudding recipe and this one is great. I use it for my homemade pies and they are always gone in a blink. I give this recipe a 10 out of 10!!!!!!!
Very tasty and easy. I will not go back to the box kind!
More Recipe Collections
- Butterscotch Pudding >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Homemade Pudding Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >