Creamy Butterscotch Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and egg yolks; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour into four individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Butterscotch Pudding(27)
Sort By :
I make this recipe all the time. I never buy boxed pudding anymore instant or cooked due to this recipe. I use this recipe to make the butterscotch snack cake. To help speed things along I use the microwave oven to cook the pudding. Also you can decrease the sugar content by using splenda brown sugar. thanks for a great recipe.
I did not have milk on hand so i used fat free 1/2 &1/2. Also, had about 1/4cup butterscotch chips that i added at the end. Absolutely decadent! Super easy to make and ohhhh soooo gooooood! Will never make boxed again.
This was very tasty! I used light brown sugar in place of the dark. Will definitely make this again.
Creamy, simple and delicious. Pulled the box of pudding out of my cabinet and it had 15 ingredients, part of which include yellow colors 5 and 6. Think I will stick with this one from now on. Didn't even wait till it was cold until I had my first serving!
Can I make this with almond milk instead of fat-free?
More Recipe Collections
- Butterscotch Pudding >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Homemade Pudding Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >