Creamy Butterscotch Pudding
“Deciding to make a real homemade dessert one night, I mixed up this pudding. It’s from my favorite cookbook with a few added tweaks—and much better than store-bought!”
EMR -Taste of Home Online Community
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add milk and egg yolks; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium
- heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer
- or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room
- temperature, stirring several times. Pour into four individual
- dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 221 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.