Creamy Butterscotch Pudding Recipe
“Deciding to make a real homemade dessert one night, I mixed up this pudding. It’s from my favorite cookbook with a few added tweaks—and much better than store-bought!” EMR -Taste of Home Online Community
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and egg yolks; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour into four individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 221 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC