- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and egg yolk; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour into two individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Butterscotch Pudding for 2
"I was looking for a quick dessert with not alot of ingredients. This recipe was it. My husband and I love it."
"Recipe was very easy to make, however did lack vibrant flavor I wanted for buttersctoch. Was to mild in flavor for me."
"This was very good and creamy and had just enough butterscotch flavor"
"I added 1 teaspoon corn starch, 1/2 cup butterscotch chips and omitted the butter.It is thicker and tastier."
"This is he best Butterscoth Pudding i ever made,will make again soon."