Creamy Butterscotch Pudding for 2 Recipe
“Deciding to make a real homemade dessert one night, I mixed up this pudding. It’s from my favorite cookbook with a few added tweaks—and much better than store-bought!” EMR -Taste of Home On-line community
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt. Add milk and egg yolk; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times. Pour into two individual dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 217 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC