Creamy Butterscotch Pudding for 2
“Deciding to make a real homemade dessert one night, I mixed up this pudding. It’s from my favorite cookbook with a few added tweaks—and much better than store-bought!”
EMR -Taste of Home On-line community
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add milk and egg yolk; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium
- heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer
- or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Cool to room
- temperature, stirring several times. Pour into two individual
- dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until
- chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 217 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.