Creamy Butternut Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
Here's a new way to make twice-baked potatoes. Smooth mashed potatoes and butternut squash are blended with flavored cream cheese for a festive side.—Sue Schwentke, Plainville, Connecticut
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 ounces spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring squash and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 3. Cool baked potatoes for 10 minutes; cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine potatoes and squash; mash until smooth. Add the cream cheese, butter, salt and pepper; mix until creamy. Pipe or spoon into potato skins. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 254 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC