Creamy Butternut Twice-Baked Potatoes Recipe
Here's a new way to make twice-baked potatoes. Smooth mashed potatoes and butternut squash are blended with flavored cream cheese for a festive side.Sue Schwentke, Plainville, Connecticut
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 ounces spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring squash and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Cool baked potatoes for 10 minutes; cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes and squash; mash until smooth. Add the cream cheese, butter, salt and pepper; mix until creamy. Pipe or spoon into potato skins. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Butternut Twice-Baked Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2011, p37
Reviews for Creamy Butternut Twice-Baked Potatoes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Potatoes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Hanukkah Recipes >
- Hanukkah Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- New Year's Side Dish Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >