I used to live in Australia, where this soup is served often. I had to have the recipe, and now it's one of my family's favorites. —Tiffany Pope, Draper, Utah
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash and potato; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in milk and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Butternut Squash Soup in Taste of Home February/March 2010, p40
Reviews for Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review