Creamy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
I used to live in Australia, where this soup is served often. I had to have the recipe, and now it's one of my family's favorites. —Tiffany Pope, Draper, Utah
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash and potato; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 2. Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in milk and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 278 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 1,008 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC