Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
"I lived in Australia for a while, where this soup is served often. When I tried this recipe, I knew I had to have it. I make it often and it's one of my family's favorite recipes."
Tiffany Pope, Draper, Utah
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash
- and potato; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon,
- salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for
- 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth.
- Return to the pan; stir in milk and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 278 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 1,008 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein.