- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add squash and potato; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool slightly. In a blender, cover and process soup until smooth. Return to the pan; stir in milk and heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
Sort By :
Awesome taste, I added i diced apple and a cinnamon stick....Delicious
This is really good! Did make a few changes because of what I had on hand. Used 4 cups pureed squash, 2 cups pureed sweet potato (light colored one), 1/2 cup chopped onions and 2 cans of fat free, 30% less sodium chicken broth. Added 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg. This addition made it taste like we had at Shari's a couple nights ago. I did cheat and buy the already cut butternut squash at Costco so it made it really fast to prepare, Will definitely make this again. It will freeze well for another quick meal.
This soup is so easy.I used sweet potatoes.Taste as good as any gourmet restaurant would serve.
The salt is prohibitive , l use fat free/low sodium veggie broth, season vegetables b/4 roasting. 1/2 squash, put a little butter,S&P,seasonings on aluminum lined cookiesheet,roast, scoop out squash , remove fibrous parts, then add to other ingredients. Great soup otherwise. Can add sour cream at end to make creamier!
Don't worry about MSG or salt. Use organic low salt low fat chicken broth. The sweet potatoe is perfect for flavor & sweetness! Great recipe.