- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6 cups)
- 5 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Sour cream and chives, optional
- In a Dutch oven combine the squash, water, potatoes, onion, bouillon and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. In a blender, puree mixture in batches. Return to the pan; heat through. Serve with sour cream and chives if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Creamy Butternut Soup
Sort By :
"My family loved this soup. I have now made it several times."
"My family loved this- left out the garlic. Great for lunch on a cold winter day. Topped with croutons. Will save recipe on Pinterest!"
"So creamy and yummy."
"This is a family favorite!!!!"
"Recipe was very easy to make. We loved the consistency of the soup and the subtle mild flavor. Sour cream enhanced the flavor. I used a butternut squash; but I'll try buttercup next time which I think will give it more flavor."