Creamy Buttermilk Salad Dressing Recipe
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- 1. In a blender, combine the buttermilk, cottage cheese and salad dressing mix; cover and process for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- 2. Pour into a small pitcher or bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir before serving with salad. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without greens and vegetables) equals 23 calories, 1 g fat (0.55 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat-free milk.