- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a blender, combine the buttermilk, cottage cheese and salad dressing mix; cover and process for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a small pitcher or bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir before serving with salad. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Reviews for Creamy Buttermilk Salad Dressing
Sort By :
"I prepared this tonight and although it was nice and creamy, it was a little bland. It does make quite a lot of dressing. The next time I make it, I will either add two packages of Ranch dressing mix or halve the recipe using the whole package of dressing mix. Volunteer Field Editor."
"Really? What's the point of homemade if you are adding a package of ranch salad dressing mix? I was hoping for a recipe where I could avoid the MSG that is in store-bought Ranch."
"We have a salad with dinner most nights so I am always looking for new dressings. This one was GREAT + fast + easy. It also makes a wonderful chip dip. Next time though, I will cut the recipe in half because it made too much for two of us to eat prior to spoiling. Definitely a keeper recipe."
"While I love the idea of cottage cheese I am not a fan. I swapped the cottage cheese for greek plain yogurt. I swapped the pre-measured dry ingredients for fresh. I used chives,dill basil and thyme. Kind of a riff on ranch. I love this idea thanks for making me think how I could make it to my taste. So easy and fun to make---Taste of home volunteer"
"Thanks for this recipie. I have been making ranch with light sour cream. Sometimes I don't have the sour cream but we usually have cottage cheese. I had never thought of this substitution. Sometimes I add 2 or 3 tablespoons of Best Foods mayonaise for special ocasions."