- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- Salad greens and vegetables of your choice
- In a blender, combine the buttermilk, cottage cheese and salad dressing mix; cover and process for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Pour into a small pitcher or bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir before serving with salad. Yield: 2-3/4 cups.
Reviews for Creamy Buttermilk Salad Dressing
"I am a ranch dressing snob and there is no way to make it lower in calories and keep it good....until I found this recipe! Delicious and so easy to make!"
"I prepared this tonight and although it was nice and creamy, it was a little bland. It does make quite a lot of dressing. The next time I make it, I will either add two packages of Ranch dressing mix or halve the recipe using the whole package of dressing mix. Volunteer Field Editor."
"Really? What's the point of homemade if you are adding a package of ranch salad dressing mix? I was hoping for a recipe where I could avoid the MSG that is in store-bought Ranch."
"While I love the idea of cottage cheese I am not a fan. I swapped the cottage cheese for greek plain yogurt. I swapped the pre-measured dry ingredients for fresh. I used chives,dill basil and thyme. Kind of a riff on ranch. I love this idea thanks for making me think how I could make it to my taste. So easy and fun to make---Taste of home volunteer"
"Thanks for this recipie. I have been making ranch with light sour cream. Sometimes I don't have the sour cream but we usually have cottage cheese. I had never thought of this substitution. Sometimes I add 2 or 3 tablespoons of Best Foods mayonaise for special ocasions."
"2 tbsp of this = 23 calories, compared to 140 in Hidden Valley ranch... can't beat it!"
"Delicious ! My whole family loved it! Very easy to make !"