Creamy Buttermilk Dressing
This thick ranch-like dressing doesn't taste light. I used it to prepare a cold chicken and pasta salad. After trying it, a friend begged me for the recipe.
—Emily Hockett of Federal Way, Washington
32 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor; cover and
- process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour
- before serving. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons) equals 64 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.