Creamy Brussels Sprouts Bake
Eating brussels sprouts was a ho-hum experience at our house…until I put together this cheesy bake. After one taste, my husband declared it a “keeper”. It's nice alongside ham, pork or beef roasts.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; set
- aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in brussels sprouts. Remove from the heat; stir in
- cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with
- cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 247 calories, 21 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.