Creamy Brussels Sprouts Bake Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in brussels sprouts. Remove from the heat; stir in cream cheese mixture.
- 2. Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 247 calories, 21g fat (14g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Creamy Brussels Sprouts Bake
"This was the best. Easy to make and has a great creamy sauce."
"I rated this 4 stars. For some reason, I have problems with my ratings changing after I hit "Submit.""
"-----This is a side dish. Do not be tempted to do this an entree....something about it just doesn't work that way.-----Husband says this reminds him a bit of stuffed mushrooms.-----We used steak mushrooms. I think that was a good choice for the mushrooms.-----I did not have the brussels sprouts thawed out ahead of time, so I put them on the microwave bacon tray. This thawed the brussels sprouts and the ridges on the tray took care of the draining.-----We used 20 oz. of mushrooms and 16 oz. of brussel sprouts.-----The recipe is messy at times.-----There are a lot of yummy places for the chef to sample. :-)"