Eating brussels sprouts was a ho-hum experience at our house…until I put together this cheesy bake. After one taste, my husband declared it a “keeper”. It's nice alongside ham, pork or beef roasts.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; set aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in brussels sprouts. Remove from the heat; stir in cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Uncover; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Brussels Sprouts Bake in Country Woman November/December 2006, p31
Reviews for Creamy Brussels Sprouts Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review