Creamy Broccoli with Cashews
Looking for a holiday side dish that's something special? Karen Ann Bland in Gove, Kansas suggests: "The sour-cream sauce in this broccoli casserole makes it a little different from the usual, and the cashews lend a nice crunch. It's great with a variety of entrees.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 9 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, honey, vinegar, salt
- and paprika.
- Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl. Add sour cream mixture and toss
- to coat. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 219 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.