Looking for a holiday side dish that's something special? Karen Ann Bland in Gove, Kansas suggests: "The sour-cream sauce in this broccoli casserole makes it a little different from the usual, and the cashews lend a nice crunch. It's great with a variety of entrees.”
- 9 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the sour cream, honey, vinegar, salt and paprika.
- Transfer broccoli to a serving bowl. Add sour cream mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Broccoli with Cashews in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p36
Reviews for Creamy Broccoli with Cashews
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review