On a cool day, nothing hits the spot more than a comforting casserole. People can't resist the combination of a rich homemade white sauce, broccoli, mushrooms and Swiss cheese.—Launa Shoemaker, Landrum, South Carolina
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper and thyme; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli; cook 3-5 minutes. Stir in cottage cheese and mushrooms. Drain noodles.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer three noodles, a third of the sauce and a third of the Swiss cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Broccoli Lasagna in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p19
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Broccoli Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review