Creamy Broccoli Lasagna Recipe
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) slices Swiss cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper and thyme; stir until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli; cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in cottage cheese and mushrooms. Drain noodles.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer three noodles, a third of the sauce and a third of the Swiss cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Broccoli Lasagna(2)
Sort By :
Loved by whole family. I used oven ready noodles added a little sauce on very bottom of dish though to help with cooking the noodles and cooked 45mins. Used fresh mushrooms as well for a healthier choice then canned or jar and bought real swiss cheese slices to cut back on shredding time. Yum!
This is not vegetarian - it's made with chicken bouillon. Otherwise, an okay recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Broccoli Casserole >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >